Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon, October 2914: Opening Meme


             
 OCTOBER
              18, 2014



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
 



 This is the view of the neighborhood from the south window of my reading nook.  7:30 am, October 18, 2014. It is a lovely morning, I'm leaving a window open.


2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
  Hard to pick a favorite. I'm looking forward to the all.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
  A slice of pumpkin pie, probably mid-afternoon. 

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
  I'm a retired librarian. I started using the Internet way back before we had a graphical interface.
  I've always been an eclectic reader reader, I read a lot of translated (into English) fiction.
  
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
  April 2014 was my first Dewey's Read-a-thon and I did no prep for it. Everything went well, so we'll see how this goes when I've done some prep. 

 One thing I will do differently: I'll pick something less taxing for the final book and one with slightly larger print. Yesterday at a lecture I purchased a book about this town's history. It's mostly pictures so maybe I'll add it to the stack for my final read.

What I'm looking forward to?  If the day stays nice I'll go outside to read for a while. It's a little cool out now but the day looks promising.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a librarian, and hope one day to be a retired librarian. Hope you are having a good readathon. Lovely view!

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete