Saturday, March 10, 2018

March (second week) 2018 Reads

I've been juggling a bunch of books and only finished two this week.

This week the "Deal Me In" card is the Seven of Clubs and the story is Uncle Enoch (in The Oxford Harriet Beecher Stowe Reader)
A temperance lecture in the form of a short story. I'm enjoying Stowe and am glad I drew her two weeks in a row.

Online...


From Catapult
Say It with Noodles: On Learning to Speak the Language of Food by Shing Yin Kohr
A charming story with delightful illustrations.







 from my shelves...

Fado by Andrzej Stasiuk; translated from the Polish by Bill Johnston
Essays on travel and culture in Eastern Europe (Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Albania, and Poland). This fit nicely with my ongoing reading of a Bulgarian novel Physics of Sorrow and the non-fic Border: a Journey to the Edge of Europe (Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey) that I found at the library this week).

Two Lines 28 a journal edited by C.J. Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment